[jacorb-developer] DNS Query being madeduring Handshake even though I have disabled it in the configuration.

Alka Nand alka.nand at gmail.com
Thu May 23 15:54:55 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am using Jacorb 3.0. I saw that during SSL Handshake Jacorb is making a
DNS query even when I have turned off the following configuration parameters

# Use DNS names in IORs
jacorb.dns.enable=off
jacorb.dns.eager_resolve=off

# Force the FQDN host name lookup. Turn off if exactly the given host
# names (e.g. "short" names) should be used in IORs
jacorb.dns.force_lookup=off

The problem is if DNS is not setup corectly the DNS query takes 12 seconds
to timeout and in the meanwhile the server closes the connection.

My question is why is the DNS query being made even though I have DNS
turned off?

The sequence is
Time 0  - Client sends a "syn" to Server
Server responds with an "Syn Ack"
Client sends an "ack" back
Client then makes a DNS query to resolve the IP address - Standard Query -
reverse IPAdd.in-addr.arpa
10 secs from time 0 the Server sends a Fin and closes the connection
12 seconds later the DNS Query times out
Client then sends a "Client Helo" but the server has already closed the
connection
Alert

Is there any other way of turning off DNS?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
alka nand
Tellabs

--