[jacorb-developer] cannot extract object using Helper class method extract

hello sir hellosir1979 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 20:17:13 CET 2013

Hi all,

Brand new to the mailing list. Just started working with jacorb 3.0 and run
into this problem.

*

public* *class* Test {

*public* *static* *void* main (String[] a) {

   OverlayData overlayData = *new* OverlayData ("pathName1", "overlay2");

   Any any = ORB.*init*().create_any();

   OverlayDataHelper.*insert*(any, overlayData);

   OverlayData testedObject = OverlayDataHelper.*extract*(any);

   System.*out*.println(testedObject.pathname);

   System.*out*.println(testedObject.overlay);

   }

}

I get a NullPointerException at this line of code "OverlayData testedObject
= OverlayDataHelper.*extract*(any);"

Is this the correct way to extract my object????

Please help, thanks in advance!