[jacorb-developer] Sometimes a get Corba method is not executed by the client side code

Beis, Grigoris (NSN - GR/Athens) grigoris.beis at nsn.com
Fri Aug 2 12:48:32 CEST 2013

Hello all,

In our project we use the following software : Java 1.6.0_26 and JacORB V2.3.0.

Occasionally, our application's client side code does not execute a specific server-side Corba "get" method. This method returns an array of SomeClass objects that contains 2 Strings. As a result, the client side method that is supposed to execute the Corba "get" method, hangs.

As an example:
The getPermissions() method is implemented in the server side UserImpl class. In the client side code  there is the call  Permission[] userPermissions = user.getPermissions();

The size of the Permission[] array the get method returns, varies from 600 bytes to 2500 bytes. When the user.getPermissions(); is not executed, it is missing both from the client side trace files and the ethereal/wireshark snoop files.

If anyone of you has observed similar cases, please feel free to comment. Moreover, if you require more symptoms, please let me know.

Thank you for the support and best regards,
Greg