[jacorb-developer] Jacorb ClientMessageReceptor threads not released after jacorb.connection.client.idle_timeout expires

Adam Stuckey adam.stuckey at tidalfusion.com.au
Mon Sep 10 15:33:59 CEST 2012

Hi Nick,

I am calling object._release on all created objects that support it.
The problem I was seeing is during initial client ORB creation when the
remote server ORB is not running.
Since I sent this email 15 minutes ago, I have discovered the problem,
and have determined I am an idiot.

The resource leak was occurring during initialisation, specifically
during the NamingContextHelper.narrow( nsRef ) which does not declare a
checked exception.
Surrounding this with it's own try / catch / throwable then tearing down
everything created before it was created has fixed the problem.

Sorry to have wasted your time, and the time of the fellow readers on
the list.

Regards,
Adam