[jacorb-developer] duplicate omg CORBA classes

Nick Cross jacorb at goots.org
Wed Oct 24 15:31:56 CEST 2012

JacORB supplies its own stubs as those are the stubs (and corresponding
specification versions) that it has been tested with. I do not know what
version of the OMG spec the IBM stubs comply with. What also would
happen if the Oracle stubs are a different version as well? Therefore
this is why most ORB vendors supply their own stubs - you probably need
to examine how you setup your classpath to resolve this issue.

Saying that I can see some merit in looking towards a split *if* vendors
are using a similar/same version of the language mapping specification.
If you could supply patches to split the jacorb jar and the appropriate
tests to verify it works with and without it I would be happy to look at it.

Regards

Nick