[jacorb-developer] timeout policy and JacORB-3.1

Phil Mesnier mesnier_p at ociweb.com
Thu Nov 29 15:27:41 CET 2012

Hi Pascal,

How are you setting the policy? My guess is you are using object.set_policy_override () to do it, then using the original object. If that is the case, you now need to do something like:

CORBA.object new_obj = object.set_policy_override (policies,…);
// narrow new_obj to actual type
// use new reference

The function behavior changed because the older implementation was not spec compliant. CORBA.object.set_policy_override() is supposed to return a new object reference with the policies applied, but is not supposed to modify the original object's policy set.

Now if that is not the case, please send a small test program that demonstrates what you are observing.

Best regards,
Phil