[jacorb-developer] Using Jacorb with Tomcat

Steve Osselton steve.osselton at prismtech.com
Tue Mar 6 18:01:51 CET 2012

Hi,

I don't think there is any other way to do this. The basic abstract ORB
class is
provided by the OMG and is meant to support vendor specific ORB
implementations
(via -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass and -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass),
so you should be able to mix this class from the JDK with the JacORB
implementation.

I think at one point there may have been a discrepancy (missing abstract
method)
between the OMG and the JDK version of the ORB class, however this may have
been
fixed in more recent versions of the JDK.

If you stuff works using the suggested mechanism, I wouldn't worry :-)

Cheers Steve.

On 6 March 2012 16:44, Alex Sarco <Alex.Sarco at iggroup.com> wrote:

> I develop a webapp with Tomcat, that uses Jacorb for performance issues.
> The resident CORBA expert has suggested we put jacorb.jar in the endorsed
> folder, that way, Jacorb is used instead of the internal JDK classes.
> However, I would prefer not to include Jacorb in endorsed, because it
> causes other problems. I followed the instructions at
> http://www.jacorb.org/TomcatHowto.html, and that seems to work.
> However, the CORBA expert told me that this solution is not good enough,
> because it mixes some of the Jacorb classes with JDK classes.
>
> Is there any other way to use Jacorb with Tomcat without adding the jar to
> endorsed?
>

> Thanks,
> Alex
>

> ________________________________
> The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for
> the use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not
> the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others
> this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying
> to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the
> email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc) that do not relate
> to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither
> given nor endorsed by it. IG Group Holdings plc is a company registered in
> England and Wales under number 04677092. VAT registration number 761 2978
> 07. Registered Office: Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R
> 2YA. Listed on the London Stock Exchange. Its subsidiaries IG Markets
> Limited and IG Index Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial
> Services Authority (IG Markets Limited FSA registration number 195355 and
> IG Index Limited FSA registration
>  number 114059).

CORBA/Software Defined Radio Delivery Manager
PrismTech Chief Architect

e-mail:  steve.osselton at prismtech.com
tele     +44-191-497-9905
web:     www.prismtech.com

PrismTech is a global leader in standards-based, performance-critical
middleware.  Our products enable our OEM, Systems Integrator, and
End User customers to build and optimize high-performance systems
primarily for Mil/Aero, Communications, Industrial, and Financial Markets.