[jacorb-developer] Re quest queue is full,

GiorgioR riojas.tx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 18:53:15 CEST 2012

Hello,

We are using 2.3.1 and are seeing the following two messages in our log.

WARNING Request queue is full, consider increasing jacorb.poa.queue_max
(currently: 100)
WARNING Thread pool exhausted, consider increasing
jacorb.poa.thread_pool_max (currently: 20)

The warnings happen until our Naming Service becomes unresponsive and has to
be restarted.   I read the following post
http://old.nabble.com/Thread-Leak-with-ClientMessageReceptor-threads-in-waitUntilConnected-td14806331.html.
But there was no clear solution.

I have the following jacorb.properties
# max time (msecs) a server keeps a connection open if nothing happens
#jacorb.connection.server.timeout=10000
# thread pool configuration for request processing
jacorb.poa.thread_pool_max=20
jacorb.poa.thread_pool_min=5

# Properties controlling the POA's request queue.  If queue_wait is off,
# then if there are more than queue_max requests in the queue, the
# client gets TRANSIENT exceptions for any requests.  If queue_wait is on,
# then the call blocks at the server side until no more than queue_min
# requests are left in the queue.  The new request is then delivered as
usual.
jacorb.poa.queue_wait=off
jacorb.poa.queue_max=100
jacorb.poa.queue_min=10

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to solve the problem.

Thanks!