[jacorb-developer] Jacorb 3.0 restarting ORB problem

Amir Hooshangi amirhoshangi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 10:30:21 CEST 2012

Hi
I faced an odd behavior of Jacorb ( + services) and i'm not sure if it's
because of my miss Understanding or not, so just wanted to share with the
community. here's the scenario:
1. Application "A" (EMS), registers an object to NamingService.
2. Application "B" (NMS) get's the registered object and invokes it's
methods.

in the first run everything goes well. but while developing i need to bring
up/down the application a lot, and it's the point that problem occurs:

3. i re run the Application "A" again. and "B" also. (Naming and
Notification services are still running).
4. while invoking the the mentioned method i get this:
Exception in thread "main" org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: Retries exceeded,
couldn't reconnect to 127.0.1.1:40315  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0
 completed: No

*How I solve it :*
1. I stop the Naming and Notification services so i get bunch of
 "_nsdb_root " files in my home folder (in Ubuntu).
2. I delete all the files, and restart the services.
3. everything goes well !!

Since it really bothers during development, wanted to know if there is a
better way to deal with it.

Regards