[jacorb-developer] JacORb in maven repository

Timothy Astle timothy.astle at caris.com
Thu Jun 7 13:45:58 CEST 2012

In case there is any doubt, it works fine for me.  You just have to
declare the following if you need the IDL compiler and JacORB itself.

<!-- JACORB and related dependencies. -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.jacorb</groupId>
<artifactId>jacorb</artifactId>
<version>3.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.jacorb</groupId>
<artifactId>idl-compiler</artifactId>
<version>3.0</version>
</dependency>

btw, kudos to the JacORB team for the dependency clean-up in version
3.0.  Nice to get rid of avalon logging :)

The only warning I would give to people is that if they've already
brought in SLF4J for a more recent version of Java (5,6,7), the
jacorb-parent POM has a dependency on slf4j-jdk14.  You must override
this transitive dependency to avoid class loader issues (i.e., Java or
your servlet container may load wrong class.)  Don't worry though, you
should get a pretty clear error.

I hope this helps,

Tim

On 07/06/2012 7:52 AM, Nick Cross wrote:

> Try using maven central e.g.
>
> "http://search.maven.org/#browse|-1539331823" or a mirror e.g.
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/jacorb/
>
> I am not familiar with mvnrepository.com - is it an official mirror?
>

> Regards
>
> Nick
>
> On 07/06/12 11:43, Lulseged Zerfu wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>>   I am looking jacORB from the www.mvnrepository.com. I don't know it
>> it is where I should look jacORB from.
>>
>>   http://mvnrepository.com/search.html?query=jacorb
>>
>> This query shows me that the core is there but not the idl-compiler.
>>
>> Or do you have another repository?
>>
>> Lulseged

Timothy Astle, BCS
Web Development Manager

*CARIS* <http://www.caris.com>
115 Waggoners Lane
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Canada    E3B 2L4
Tel: +1.506.458.8533     Fax: +1.506.459.3849
www.caris.com <http://www.caris.com>

*Join us for CARIS 2012 --- Exploration and Discovery*
June 25--28, 2012, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Visit www.caris.com/caris2012 <http://www.caris.com/caris2012> for
details today

*Connect with CARIS*
Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/CARIS_GIS> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3217878> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/CARIS-The-Marine-GIS-Experts/123907500987669?v=app_4949752878>
| YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/CARISGIS>

Download your free copy of CARIS Easy View today!
www.caris.com/easyview <http://www.caris.com/easyview>

intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please notify us by email reply. You should not use,
disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding
contract will result from this email until such time as a written
document is signed on behalf of the company.