[jacorb-developer] R: Questions about demo/corbaloc

Ravagli Virgilio Virgilio.Ravagli at ansaldo-sts.com
Fri Jun 1 16:08:11 CEST 2012

Perhaps I've found a solution.
I modified the class org.jacorb.orb.util.PrintIOR, adding the new method printCorbaloc12Str: it writes "corbaloc:iiop:1.2 at ...".
It works fine, now I obtain a GIOP 1.2 message format.

Just a last doubt:
I set the output of ingoing and outgoing messages in the orb.properties file.

If I work with a IOR file obtained by printCorbalocStr (or even printCorbaloc12Str), I can see the GIOP message sent by the client when it executes the narrow operation:
        GoodDay goodDay = GoodDayHelper.narrow( obj );
It matches my expectations.

But if I work with a IOR file obtained without corbaloc, i.e. by writing the stringified object, I don't see any GIOP message sent by the client when executes the narrow operation.
So, my doubt is: how can the client connect to the server, without sending any GIOP message ?

Bye,
Virgilio