[jacorb-developer] Employment Opportunity

Russell Gold russgold at httpunit.org
Fri Jul 27 06:51:07 CEST 2012

I am a longtime Oracle employee. A few months ago, I took over maintenance of the Glassfish ORB; our internal discussions suggest that we hope to make it the basis for the new JDK ORB as well. But the code needs a lot of work, and we are understaffed. While I would love to have open-source contributors, I have received permission from my manager to start looking for somebody we could hire to work on the ORB with me.

The position is, at least nominally, in Mt. Laurel, NJ in the US. That does not rule out the possibility of somebody working at a remote location - I've not had that discussion with management, as yet; however a long-term member of our organization recently moved to Florida, but is still working for our office.

What I am looking for is somebody with a strong understanding of CORBA, a commitment to agile development or at least a willingness to learn and adopt it, and general experience in working with legacy code. If you are interested, you can contact me at my work address: russell.gold at oracle.com. You can send me your resume / CV, but I am mostly interested in having a discussion with you about your background.

And for those wondering, I did check with Nick Cross before posting this.

Regards,
Russ
and listen to the Misfile radio play <http://www.gold-family.us/audio/misfile.html>!