[jacorb-developer] JacOrb/TAO Using a common ImR

Phil Mesnier mesnier_p at ociweb.com
Tue Jul 24 18:48:12 CEST 2012

Hi Mike,

Since PrismTech was able to do it with OpenFusion, then the precise answer is "yes, it is true." The more relevant answer however is that it will take some effort to make freely available TAO and JacORB servers work with the same ImR activator will take some work. I suppose the task for you is to determine if it would be more advantageous for you to adopt OpenFusion and have the feature now, or to divert some percentage of your expected OF license fees towards the implementation of an extension to TAO/JacORB ImR to permit such interoperation. Before you ask, I have no idea what level of effort would be required to provide this implementation.

Best regards,
Phil