[jacorb-developer] Jacorb - Jboss

Swapnesh destined.somu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:24:18 CEST 2012

Hi Nic,
I am using Jboss 5.1.0, it comes with JacORB.jar.
I have developed a server using sun jdk orb, and that works fine (printing
IOR file).
Now i want either to deploy this onto Jboss,
or to deploy this using NamingService (which is started when jboss starts).
Dont know how it works, and even if it can do what i want, all the
documentations discussions available 3-4 year old.

Now in Standalone application i run the jar/start the orb using the main
class.
But i have no idea, how to get the IOR,corbaloc,corbaname,namingserver
detail from jboss.
How do i register my implementation ?

main {
        String args[] = null;
            theOrb = ORB.init(args, null);
            org.omg.CORBA.Object obj =
theOrb.resolve_initial_references("RootPOA");
            POA thePoa = POAHelper.narrow(obj);

            thePoa.the_POAManager().activate();

            PDPSRCListner thePlug = new PDPSRCListner();

            obj = thePlug._this(theOrb);
            System.out.println(theOrb.object_to_string(obj));

            theOrb.run();
            theOrb.destroy();
}