[jacorb-developer] IOR encoding understanding

Phil Mesnier phil.mesnier at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:56:27 CET 2012

Hi Kujtim,

On Jan 30, 2012, at 6:55 AM, Kujtim Hyseni wrote:

> Hello,
>
> can You send me the details on information stored within IOR files. I've searched the documentation including the CORBA 2.3 specification, but, there is nothing concrete, just some unuseful information.

> Please send me the information contained within IOR files in general form. I need it because I want to create my own IORs for my customized servers.

Are you using CORBA with your customized servers?

What is it that you wish to customize?

If you are using CORBA, then you should use the existing facilities to create object references. Learn the POA interface so you can see how to use policies to influence the nature of the object references it creates.

If you want to add custom meta-data to your IORs, you can do so by defining new tagged components and creating new policies with which you can set the values of your new tagged component. This is advanced stuff, you will have to read the section of the spec I mentioned to learn how to do this. If this is more work than you can handle and you can afford to hire someone to help, there are several companies listed on the jacorb.org/support page who will be able to help you.

If you ask specific questions on this list, we may be able to guide you as well.

Best regards,
Phil

--
Phil Mesnier