[jacorb-developer] JacORB versus IBM Websphere

Fehringer Franz Franz.Fehringer at cor.fja.com
Wed Feb 8 16:24:26 CET 2012

Hi,

Are there any experiences about using JacORB in web/enterprise
applications to be deployed into IBM Websphere application server (V7)?
I have designated JacORB as a shared library in the Websphere console
Environment group and attached this shared library to my enterprise
application.
JaCORB seems to work mostly but in the Websphere logs i see

[2/1/12 10:03:20:093 CET]     FFDC
Exception:java.lang.ClassCastException
SourceId:com.ibm.ws.wlm.client.WLMClientRequestInterceptor.pre_init
ProbeId:131
Reporter:com.ibm.ws.wlm.client.WLMClientRequestInterceptor at 29592959
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.jacorb.orb.portableInterceptor.ORBInitInfoImpl incompatible with
com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ExtendedORBInitInfo

Any hint what I can do about this?
With my web application I do not use the shared library but rather have
JacORB available in the wars lib directory; same ClassCastException.
If I choose "Use an isolated class loader for this shared library" in
the enterprise application case I get a VerifyError and the application
does not work at all.
Recently I found a JacORB bug report where someone said, that JacORB
should be put into the application server bootclasspath; I wonder wether
IBM Websphere application server would continue to work with such a
measure?

Thanke and best regards

Franz