[jacorb-developer] Removing a servant from JacORB after calling "servant_to_reference"

Andrew Bourgeois code.3.tin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:18:01 CET 2012

Hello

the following sequence gives me an IOR and keeps the MyObj instance
somewhere inside JacORB so that the IOR can be used at a later stage:

MyObj myObj = new MyObj();
org.omg.CORBA.Object ref = poa.servant_to_reference(myObj);
org.omg.CORBA.Object href = MyObjHelper.narrow(ref);
String ior = orb.object_to_string(href);

My question:
Can I somehow tell JacORB to discard "myObj"? References are kept forever
in some Hastable (inside JacORB), and when creating a lot of entries, a
wild OutOfMemory appears at some point. I want JacORB to forget about my
object when I tell him to.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards

Andrew