[jacorb-developer] Setting policy for a particular thread

Alka Nand alka.nand at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 16:14:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

I would like to have a different RELATIVE_RT_TIMEOUT_POLICY for the ORB and
a different one for a particular thread. In Orbix I was doing this
by setting one RelativeRoundtripTimeoutPolicyoverride on the
ORBPolicyManager and a different one on the "PolicyCurrent". Performing
a resolve_initial_references ("ORBPolicyManager") returns theORB’s
PolicyManager. while resolve_initial_references ("PolicyCurrent") returns a
thread’s PolicyCurrent. Only client-side policies can be applied to a
thread.

In JACORB using "PolicyCurrent" returns an InvalidName exception. Is there
a way I can do the same thing in JACORB?

Thanks in advance
alka nand
Tellabs

alka