[jacorb-developer] idl import

Steve Osselton steve.osselton at prismtech.com
Tue Aug 7 13:03:52 CEST 2012

What wrong with #include ?

On 7 August 2012 11:35, Carol Rizzi <carol.rizziray at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no other way for doing an idl import?
>
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Nick Cross <jacorb at goots.org> wrote:
>

> > Hi
> >
> > The import keyword is not currently supported. Patches welcome ;-)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Nick
> >

> > On 26/07/12 22:46, carol_rizzi wrote:
> >

> >> Hello.
> >>
> >> I'm trying to import an idl file from another idl. But it looks like the
> >> word "import" could not be recognized by the compiler.
> >>
> >> My codes:
> >>
> >> ------------------------------**------
> >> //test1.idl
> >> module test1 {
> >>      interface itf{};
> >> };
> >> ------------------------------**------
> >> //test2.idl
> >> import ::test1
> >> module test2 {
> >>      interface itf2{};
> >> };
> >> ------------------------------**------
> >>
> >> In some forums I found following sintax: import "test1.idl". I tested
> both
> >> the syntaxes, but I always get the same error:
> >>
> >> test2.idl (line 2):  WARNING: Identifier `_import' collides with a
> >> keyword;
> >> use an escaped identifier to ensure future compatibility.
> >> import ::test1;
> >> ^
> >> test2.idl (line 2):  Expected one of `typedef' `struct' `union' `enum'
> >> `const' `exception' `interface' `valuetype' `module'; encountered
> >> `<identifier>'.
> >> import ::test1;
> >> ^
> >>
> >> The compilation command: idlj -fall test2.idl
> >>

> --
> Atc,
> Carol Rizzi.

CORBA/Software Defined Radio Delivery Manager
PrismTech Chief Architect

e-mail:  steve.osselton at prismtech.com
tele     +44-191-497-9905
web:     www.prismtech.com

PrismTech is a global leader in standards-based, performance-critical
middleware.  Our products enable our OEM, Systems Integrator, and
End User customers to build and optimize high-performance systems
primarily for Mil/Aero, Communications, Industrial, and Financial Markets.