[jacorb-developer] Minor Code 207 error while calling a remote corba method with return type boolean

Ravi Chandran ravic at analytica-india.com
Mon Apr 16 14:37:08 CEST 2012

hi,

I am using Sun Java IDL for corba implementation. i have a corba method
which i am calling remotely from another system. now, previously the method
was of type void, and it was working fine. but now, I have a requirement to
get a boolean value from this method to know if the process was successful
or not.

but since i changed the return type, whenever i call this method I get this
error :

   1. org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL:   vmcid: SUN  minor code: 207  completed: No
   2.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.endOfStream(Unknown
Source)
   3.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.endOfStream(Unknown
Source)
   4.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.encoding.BufferManagerReadStream.underflow(Unknown
Source)
   5.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.encoding.CDRInputStream_1_1.grow(Unknown
Source)
   6.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.encoding.CDRInputStream_1_2.alignAndCheck(Unknown
Source)
   7.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.encoding.CDRInputStream_1_0.read_long(Unknown
Source)
   8.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.encoding.CDRInputStream.read_long(Unknown
Source)
   9.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.encoding.WrapperInputStream.read_long(Unknown
Source)
   10.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.corba.TypeCodeImpl.read_value_kind(Unknown
Source)
   11.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.corba.TypeCodeImpl.read_value(Unknown Source)
   12.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.encoding.CDRInputStream_1_0.read_any(Unknown
Source)
   13.
       at com.sun.corba.se.impl.encoding.CDRInputStream.read_any(Unknown
Source)

i had tried removing the return type and putting void again, and everything
was fine again. but i need this return type, please tell me what to do.

--
Thanks & Regards
Ravi