[jacorb-developer] Running Jacorb in Eclipse and -Xbootclasspath problem ...

PatrickJP patrickjphilips at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 17:16:43 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with JacORB in Eclipse.
I have installed JacORB and am using it successfully from within an Eclipse
RCP project.
However in order to get the JacORB ORB to be loaded instead of the Sun ORB
from rt.jar
I have to use the argument -Xbootclasspath/p:<path to jacorb.jar> to load
the jacorb before/instead of the Sun ORB.
This all works fine, the problem is I have read online that the use of
-Xbootclasspath contravenes the
Java2 binary runtime license if the software is to be published, this will
be published which leaves me with a
problem! Does anyone know of another way (legally) to load Jacorb instead of
the SUN ORB
without using the -Xbootclasspath method?
Any help about a way round this would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

Patrick.