[jacorb-developer] How to create multiple IIOP profiles in Jacorb with IPv4 and IPv6 as primary address on these different profiles.

Nipun nipunkjain at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 13:31:16 CEST 2010

I am using the Jacorb 2.3.1 on a dual stack machine (Windows 2008,
Solaris
10) where both IPv4 and IPv6 address are configured and are
routable. This version of jacorb supports IPv6.  On the dual stack
machine IPv4 is the default stack. So IPv4 address is added as the
primary address to the profile and IPv6 address is added to the tagged
component as an iiop alternate address.

Now when a connection is established between the client and server,
using
IPv6 address, the initial requests to the name server go over the
IPv6
address of the name server. But it is seen that the subsequent
communications to the servers happen over the IPv4 address as they are
initiated using the Primary address of the IIOP profile (IOR) got from
the NameServer. This is although the profile show that there does
exist an
IPv6 address as an alternate address.

How can I force communication to happen over IPv6 if an IPv6 address
is used to initiate communication?

Also, is there any way to create multiple profiles for each of the
addresses that are present on the machine?

This way, is it possible to do the profile selection based on the type
of IP address that is used for connection establishment from Client?
Then based on the Profile Selected we would have different Primary
addresses. Possibly an IPv4 Primary address for one profile and an
IPv6 Primary Address for other profile.

Regards,
Nipun Jain