[jacorb-developer] java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError with jacorb

yogesh dalal yogidalu at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 14:40:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

We are using jacorb 2.3 with JDK 1.5 in our web-application. If we set prefer-web-inf-classes property of weblogic it starts picking up some of the org.omg classes from jacorb.jar instead of rt.jar, after which we see below exception in the code. Initial analysis suggests that the org.omg.CORBA.Object/org.omg.CORB.ObjectImpl classes shipped by jacorb and jdk 1.5 are causing the problem. Please let us know how to overcome this problem. Do let know if more details are required.

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
 at com.idl.TestHelper.narrow(TestHelper.java:45)

 public static com.idl.Test narrow (final org.omg.CORBA.Object obj)
 {
  if( obj == null )
   return null;
  try
  {
   return (com.idl.Test)obj;
  }
  catch( ClassCastException c )
  {
   if( obj._is_a("IDL:Test:1.0"))     ---- Fails at this line
   {
    com.idl._TestStub stub;
    stub = new com.idl._TestStub();
    stub._set_delegate(((org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl)obj)._get_delegate());
    return stub;
   }
  }
  throw new org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM("Narrow failed");
 }

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/